Premium Brine Abalone 425g (10 pieces)
Net weight: 425g
Drained weight : 180g
Ingredients : Abalone , salt and water.
Storage in a cool and dry place:
Ensure the canned abalone is stored in a well ventilated, cool place out of direct sunlight.
How to Prepare the Abalone:
The abalone is canned, ready to eat with mouth attached. To preserve it’s tender texture, it is
best to use the abalone when just heated through. This can be achieved by using the abalone at
the end of cooking, or slowly heated in the can.
To safely heat the abalone in it’s can follow these steps:
1. Leave the can unopened and remove all labels.
2. Place the can into a pot of water so that it is fully submerged and is horizontal.
3. Bring the water to a gentle simmer and leave submerged for 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and wait for the water to cool before carefully lifting the
can out of the water with large tongs.
5. Open the can once it is cool enough to handle.
6. The abalone can be served whole or sliced thinly.